On the way back from church yesterday afternoon, I was telling the girls about the meaning of Easter and the events that happened before Easter became Easter. (Which I will tell you is a lot harder trying to explain it in little children's terms than I thought it would be whenever we started the talk) I was telling the girls how Jesus was perfect and that no one else is perfect, we make mistakes, but that He didn't. How some people didn't like Jesus because of that and that some people started doing some bad things to Jesus. How Jesus ended up on the cross and died, but wasn't there long and was put into a tomb, kind of like a cave with a big rock in front. About the Angel and about those that went into the tomb and saw that Jesus was gone! Then I tried to explain that He rose and didn't die like we would have, He came back for a little while, whenever it was time for Him to leave again, He went up into the sky to Heaven....this is where the curiosity and wonderful conversation began with the girls.
Kristi: "Where did Jesus go into the sky?"
Me: "Welll.... *pause* when Jesus went up into the sky, it is almost like He was flying. He just started floating up towards those clouds up there and up to Heaven. He is up there with God now!"
Kristi: "Did he fly with wings or a plane?"
Me: "Umm.. *giggled a second* well with neither one really. He didn't need those, but He was just able to float up to Heaven to be with God."
Kristi: "and a long time ago, He came back down here and He was with me! He talked to me and gave me hugs and was with me all the time, when I was a little girl. I'm a big girl now, that was when I was little."
Me: "Really?" *With a question in my proud tone and a big smile on my face*
Kristi: "Yeah! He did!"
Me: *Heart Melts.....*
Just to think about the thought that Jesus really could be here showing Himself to our kids, showing them how to enjoy life, being with them when they are scared, talking and hugging them (Yes I know that He is always with us, but for her to acknowledge that Jesus was with her, story or not) it is just an amazingly relieving feeling to think about. That as we grow, we can long to be with God through our Prayers, worships, and songs, but to know that He may show Himself to innocence, to our Precious Blessings to comfort them and be with them, showing them to always be as children, to enjoy life with everything that it can be! Amazing!
Matthew 18:3 (King James Version)
"3And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment