OLD UPDATE, BUT TRANSFERRED OVER
Date: Sunday, September 20, 2009 at 11:05PM
It's been a little bit since writing, but I have a few wonderful Blessings to pass along! I know I mentioned to some that I am a Leader for the Kindergarteners in our Awana Program. It has been a wonderful Blessing to be able to participate and teach these little ones, and I do have to say that it has exceded my expectations that I had before I had even started!! Well the major Blessing that happened this past week was whenever I had brought my girls up with me to go to their regular classes, one of the teachers asked why the girls weren't in Awanas and I had explained that having 2 or all 3 would be too expensive for us to be able to do, but it was definitely OK because I knew that they would be able to be in it someday, hopefully next year. As I was walking to my class for Awanas, the friend of mine led me towards a table and had it arranged for a Scholarship program to help with the girls being able to be apart of Awanas THIS YEAR!
This past Wednesday was their first time being in their Awana class and they LOVED it!! I felt horrible as we drove up into the church parking lot, because Kayla instantly started crying, and whenever I asked her what was wrong she said, "I don't want to play with my friends... I don't want to go..." Then they went to their regular classes and Kayla screamed and had to carried into the classroom. I was met in the hallway by my friend during our switch into classes telling me the girls were in their new classes. My heart just melted as I was picking the girls up. Kayla ran to me with a great big smile on her face, gave me a big bear hug, and told me she had fun. Her teacher came over and Kayla gave her a hug and as the teacher asked her if she was coming back this next week, Kayla looked at me and with a peaceful look on her face told me that, " I love my new friends! I want to come play with them again!" There was a huge relief that came over me as I heard those words and saw that look on her face as she was hugging her new teacher. Kristi loved it just as much and was SO excited to show me her new book that she gets to learn from and told me all about her day. (Kayla received a book as well!)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this program and I am so Blessed that our church cared for us enough to help the girls to be able to be Blessed by the program just as I have! I am so grateful for the many things that God is showing me in my life and leading me to participate in. It is teaching me so much and helping me to grow into the person that I am wanting to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment